I am an Employer
WHO WE ARE
The Palmetto Health Quality Collaborative is a regionally recognized clinically integrated system comprised of more than 620 physicians and three hospitals to drive targeted improvements in health care quality and efficiency. Since its inception in 2010, the Quality Collaborative has been committed to increasing the quality of care patients receive by setting higher performance and quality expectations for participating physicians.
Through our focus on prevention, optimal treatment of diseases and the coordination of care across the continuum, we are confident our efforts will continue to create value by improving outcomes for our patients and reducing costs for employers and payers.
- Clinical Integration Projects - These large-scale projects are designed to truly transform the system of care as the Quality Collaborative and its physician participants lead the way toward a more accountable, patient-centered care era.
- Employee Health Plan - Due to our outstanding performance, the Quality Collaborative is playing a greater role in providing care to Palmetto Health team members and their families in 2013. Effective Jan. 1, 2013, the Palmetto Care Plan (Palmetto Health's self-insured employee health plan) began utilizing Quality Collaborative physician participants as its preferred network of providers. This arrangement clearly demonstrates the enhanced value that Palmetto Health believes the Quality Collaborative participants will provide for their employees and their families. In addition, it is our hope that this will be the first of many such arrangements between the Quality Collaborative and large employers like Palmetto Health.
- Low Back Pain Initiative - William Rambo, MD, a Quality Collaborative Participant, has been named to lead the Low Back Pain Clinical Initiative. He will work with other Quality Collaborative participants to develop an inventory of current back pain resources available within the hospital system, determine protocols and best practice guidelines, and gather initial baseline data on opportunities and costs associated with back pain.
- BCBS Total Knee Replacements Bundled Payment Pilot - Frank Voss, MD, and Coleman Fowble, MD, both Quality Collaborative participants, have been selected as physician leaders to assist in the implementation of the Palmetto Health Quality Collaborative BlueCross BlueShield bundled payment agreement for total knee replacements. This bundled payment structure is the first of its kind for the Quality Collaborative and will assist in the development of a pre-op health optimization process, the standardization of inpatient rehabilitation processes, and the standardization of discharge procedures.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Network - The Quality Collaborative assisted more than 16 physicians and mid-level providers in six practices to achieve Patient-Centered Medical Home accreditation. This designation has resulted in enhanced reimbursement for providers.
- Care Management Infrastructure - One of the critical components of the system of care the Quality Collaborative is putting into place is the care management infrastructure that will be required to better manage high-risk patients as they transition from the acute care setting into the community. This has been accomplished by formation of the ACTT and PACTT Teams, and the ACCES clinic where high-risk patients recently discharged from the hospital can be seen in follow-up within seven days of discharge to assure they are stable and not at risk for readmission.
OUR CARE IS DIFFERENT
As an employer, you understand the importance of improving the quality of care your staff receives and reducing costs. Whether it is disease management or improving the health of your workforce, the members of the Quality Collaborative are committed to improving the care their patients' receive.